Freelance Application Security Engineer
The Application Security – Manual Secure Code Review Consultant is responsible for the Manual secure code review and assessment of the in-house developed source code of Web/Non-web and cloud apps, API’s using manual approach primarily, develop and leverage custom scripts and tools as required. The individual should possess strong knowledge of Secure coding principles across widely used programming languages (Java, Angular/Node JS, Java Script, Python, Ruby etc.) along with excellent communication, analysis and organizational skills.
Interaction with the developers (Application Development) to gather application source code details, conduct code review and provide technical assistance in remediating application security issues will be part of the responsibilities
• Proficient in secure coding standards and manual review of code to identify OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and SANS Top 25 Programming errors.
• Strong knowledge of security frameworks (OWASP, SANS CWE), secure coding practices, information security principles & architecture and industry specific auditory frameworks
• Experience with common web stack technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML5, AJAX, REST, etc.) and platforms (e.g. Tomcat, .Net, MS SQL, etc.).
• Understanding of core cryptography concepts (encryption, hashing, HMAC, digital signature) and how they are applied and attacked in web applications (e.g. TLS attacks, CBC attacks).
• Understanding of Authentication, Authorization mechanism programmatically across different web technologies and protocols (SSL/TLS, REST, OAuth, SAML etc.)
• Knowledge on Application development using technologies like Java, J2EE, Groovy, Ruby, Angular JS, Node JS, Java Script, Python.
• Should have a solid understanding of security controls and how they apply to different designs and systems.
• Understand, highlight and articulate risk to product owners in an understandable language.
• Knowledge of DevSecOps and development pipeline integration and automation.
• Knowledge in Cloud and Containers infrastructure. AWS, Azure and docker experience is a plus.
• Document vulnerabilities and work with developers on vulnerability mitigation
• Perform re-reviews to validate the fixes on the reported vulnerabilities.
• Provide excellent coordination with local teams (which includes vendor consultants), onsite team and various other support teams in the organization
• Provides regular status updates on all assigned tasks and deliverables.
• Attend meetings with all involved stakeholders from TRM and IT leads to provide updates and de-brief when required.
• At least 10 years of progressive development experience with 4+ years in Secure Code review and Application Security.
• Proficiency with Application Security best practices with more focus secure coding guidelines
• Ability to conduct research into technical issues, standards, and products.
• Have one or more of the following active certifications ISC2 Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Secure Software Programmer (GSSP-Java), EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer (CSP).