Full-Time Data Product Specialist
- The successful candidate will drive and support a wide breadth of activities in support of Technology Research and Innovations’ (TRI) objectives.
- As a result of the team’s focus on elevating our innovative profile internally and externally, the ideal candidate has a strong technical background with a business understanding, excellent communication skills, ability to synthesize complex technical topics, keen interest to learn new technologies and dive deep into how it fits into our, adept at building relationships and collaborating across stakeholders, and can effectively prioritize and efficiently execute to thrive in a quick paced environment.
- The work environment will be fast-paced with aggressive targets and timelines, involving lean team structures and a delivery-oriented approach with very clear and visible definitions of success and failure. Given the nature of this domain, the role will provide excellent learning opportunities on some of the latest technologies disrupting the business and technological landscapes.
- The ability to swiftly ramp up on new technologies and turn those learnings into fast-paced delivery will be key to being successful in this role.?
- The candidate will drive the analysis in support of the delivery of innovative technology projects, including research and process innovation, for the TRI group.
- There is a strong individual-contributor aspect to this role requiring keen analytical skills, project management, stakeholder management, subject matter expertise and the ability to independently conduct exercises related to research, analysis, and process optimization.
- The candidate will closely partner with functions across the enterprise to ensure alignment and successful delivery, including with Operational and Technology Risk, IT Architecture, Business Architecture, Service Architecture, Application Development, infrastructure teams, Architecture Review Board (ARB), New Technology Onboarding (NTO), Permit to Operate (PtO), and others.
- As such, strong collaboration and relationship building skills are a must, and a strong understanding and experience of existing DTCC processes related to project lifecycle and compliance will be a strong plus.
Technical Business Analyst responsibilities:
- Lead, coordinate, or participate in assignments related to research, intelligence gathering, market studies new technology analysis and process optimization
- Stay consistently abreast with emerging technology and business landscape, keeping a keen eye on new opportunities and disruptions
- Support requirements gathering, drafting of functional/non-functional specifications, workflows, etc.; participate in reviews of business requirements, technical requirements, etc.
- Recommend and provide input on the choice of appropriate technology stacks, review and assess architecture and software design, work with appropriate internal groups described above to ensure compliance to standards, provide technical inputs, aid troubleshooting efforts, etc.
- Conduct fast-paced vendor assessments including technology due diligence, tech evaluations, assessment of vendor-offered services, tools, and platforms, attend presentations and demos, etc.
- Execute aspects of software pilots, prototypes, and proof of concepts/technology (POCs and POTs) in partnership with resources from across functional areas within DTCC and external vendors
- Vendor management tasks including vendor onboarding, assessment of RFPs, SOWs, and other contractual paperwork
- Develop, formalize, and implement processes and ecosystems within TRI that enable rapid prototype development, fast vendor onboarding and speedy compliance/control checks
- Produce content for external consumption, including industry white papers and presentations, by conducting research, leveraging own knowledge, and interviewing SMEs across our to synthesize information into key points
- Conduct, support or participate in internal education drives including town halls, strategy sessions, videos, blogs, public showcases etc.
Technical Project Management responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution of an individual project or multiple smaller projects
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors, identifying and appropriately elevating potential risks, and demonstrating strong ethical behavior
- Clearly track, report, and communicate regular project status (including scope, schedule, and budget) to project stakeholders, management, and established governance groups
- Proactively identify, understand, and address intra-project and inter-project dependencies
- Track all projects against approved budgets and report on actuals, forecasts, and variances; develop action to bring projects on or under budget unless a variance is approved
- 6+ years of experience in the technology industry, preferably related to application development, infrastructure / architecture and / or research
- Experience in the financial services industry is highly preferred
- Experience as a Business Analyst /Systems Analyst, SCRUM Master, Product Manager, ideally, someone who has moved through the development lifecycle in experience across multiple trends in technology
- Strong and effective communication skills required – written, verbal and presentation; ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience
- Strong stakeholder management and partnering skills
- Delivery-focused, result-oriented leadership style
- Experience managing vendors to procure staffing, licenses, tools, and other consulting services
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience in or in-depth knowledge of Fintech technologies (e.g. Various Application Development Languages, Infrastructure / Architecture environments, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics) is a strong plus
- Cloud technologies (AWS preferably)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills?
Experience as a Business Analyst /Systems Analyst, SCRUM Master, Product Manager, ideally, someone who has moved through the development lifecycle in experience across multiple trends in technology
Experience managing budgets
Financial Services industry background
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
Experience in or in-depth knowledge of Fintech technologies (e.g. Various Application Development Languages, Infrastructure / Architecture environments, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics)
Pay and Benefits:
Competitive compensation, including base pay and annual incentive
Comprehensive health and life insurance and well-being benefits, based on location
Paid Time Off and other leave of absence
Flexible/Hybrid Work Arrangements (2 – 3 Days work from OFFICE)
Locations: Jersey City, NJ | Tampa, FL