Full-Time Director of Data Strategy & Platform Management
The Data Strategy & Platform Management Director role is responsible for developing and executing the ITP data strategy. As part of the Digital Strategy and Platform Management group, you will establish an ITP Data Office and contribute to the organizational strategy of delivering on an integrated ITP platform with a focus on data architecture and governance, digital interfaces, and common platform design.
Data Office – Develop and manage the data strategy that underpins the overall ITP platform strategy and informs target data architecture including data models, schemas, taxonomy, metadata, data experiences/analytics, and controls. Develop and commercialize Data Analytics services, including the use of AI/ML capabilities, as a value-add offering for our clients.
Platform Management – Contribute to the ITP digital strategy by rationalizing the inbound and outbound data models, enabling the simplification of interfaces, including common UI and APIs, through which our clients access the ITP product suite and SIFMU data feeds. Establish strong coordination across DTCC to advance modernization, common standards, reusability, etc.
- Lead a foundational data harmonization effort to establish a common data model and data dictionary, while implementing data governance practices within an enterprise metadata management tool.
- Deliver state of the art data experiences within the product/platform strategy that tell coherent data stories through user interfaces and enable clients to create data-driven workflows to automate B2B process.
- Develop and lead a Data Office team that formalizes the management of ITP’s data strategy, data architecture and aligns the data strategy to wider DTCC standards and a Technology-driven target architecture blueprint.
- Create OKRs and KPIs to track the progress, formalization, and on-going run of the data office team and to ensure alignment of the ITP data office with the ITP data strategy.
- Partner with ITP Product, Technology, Shared Services, and DTCC Business Architecture to ensure that the ITP platform architecture and interfaces enable the strategy, growth targets, and client experience of the individual product lines.
- Partner with the enterprise to design a consistent and elevated client experience through a multi-channel approach, providing modern client interfaces that improve resiliency and deliver operational efficiencies.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Experience in a large financial institution or financial technology vendor, with post-trade lifecycle expertise in matching, settlements, messaging standards and protocols, and reference data.
- Experience with data management including governance, architecture, analytics, and strategy.
- Experience in Data stewardship and the economics of data and information management.
- Preferably has experience in digital interface strategy, digital products, API/UI, SWIFT, FIX, and existing ITP protocols.
- Commercial awareness and experience with data products, go-to-market strategies, contracts & licenses.
The data strategy director needs to:
– have experience of developing enterprise wide data strategies
– have both the business and technical acumen around data models, data architectures and governance
I would welcome someone with a consulting background, primarily focused on data strategy