Full-Time Embedded Software Engineer
Clarapath is looking for a Software Engineer who will assist in the development of our next generation autonomous tissue sectioning devices, and vision systems. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing device control software, both at the driver and at the application level. The candidate will also collaborate with other engineering groups such as mechanical, electrical and optics to gather software requirements, and provide software tools for streamlining product development.
We are a rapidly growing business with opportunity for the right candidate to continue advancing their role and responsibilities as the company grows.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Develop software for medical device within a well-established robotics framework.
- Driver development for interfacing with motor controllers, cameras, scanners, and PLC systems.
- Develop algorithms for controlling a multi component mechatronic system based on software requirements.
- Write software design and software test documents.
- Perform unit testing.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Engineering or related fields
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the industry
- Formal software documentation experience preferably in medical device development area
- Direct experience with C/C++ and Python.
- Ability to work in a LINUX environment.
- Experience working with GIT or other code repository systems.
- Good foundation in TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Understand Multithreading and Real Time Systems.
- Experience working with PID based control for motion and temperature control.
- Knowledge of hardware communication interfaces such as Ethernet, Serial, SPI, I2C.
- Familiarity with industrial communication protocols such as MODBUS
- Experience working with robotics platforms such as ROS or YARP is a plus.
Other relevant experience
- Interfacing to Clinical Lab Information Systems.
- Histology laboratory workflow experience.
- Experience building vision systems for process and quality control.
- Experience working on data security and HIPAA requirements.
Device Driver development
C/C++ and Python
Ethernet, Serial, I2C, SPI
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with robotics platforms such as ROS or YARP.