Full-Time Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Experience level: Mid-senior Experience required: 5 Years Education level: Bachelor’s degree Job function: Information Technology Industry: Semiconductors Compensation: View salary Total position: 2 Relocation assistance: Yes
Headquartered in San Jose, CA, is an industry leader in delivering programmable camera video processors to the rapidly growing automotive camera market. Our products feature advanced image signal processing, unique eWARP® processing technology, and state of the art neural network-based computer vision solutions. Our ships camera video processors in diverse automotive applications such as ADAS, autonomy, in-cabin monitoring, digital mirrors, smart backup and augmented reality cameras.
Located at our Toronto, Canada facility, you will be part of our Image Signal Processing group creating and bringing to market leading-edge image and video processing solutions for our high performance current and next-generation ICs. You will have the following responsibilities
• Design, implement, test and document new system-level features
• Optimize system resources and video data path based on product use cases
• Integrate new image and video processing capabilities (warping, computer vision) from algorithm teams
• Develop, maintain camera control solutions over various interfaces (SPI, UART, CAN, Ethernet)
• Interface our camera processor to various systems hosts, integrate with 3rd party middleware
• Create and maintain tools for customers and developers
• Help bring-up, debug customer systems and issues
• BSc in computer science or electrical engineering
• 3+ years industry experience in firmware development in constrained environments
• Strong C programming and debugging skills in RTOS environments
• Experience with solving real-time embedded issues including threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling, etc.
• Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl)
• Familiar with quality software development cycle
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SKILLS THAT WOULD HELP DIFFERENTIATE:
• Experience working with Board Software Packages (BSPs)
• Understanding of I2C, UART, SPI and Ethernet protocols
• Working knowledge of graphics API such as OpenVG, OpenGL
• AUTOSAR system development experience
• Software development experience in automotive or other safety-critical industries
• Knowledge in various cryptographic authentications, hashing, encryption algorithms, secure key storage technologies
As a team member, you have a passion for quality, leading-edge, robust and reliable products. You are highly motivated, hands-on, technology savvy with excellent interpersonal skills. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative and deep technical environment.
BSc in computer science or electrical engineering
5+ years industry experience in firmware development in constrained environments
Strong C programming and debugging skills in RTOS environments
Experience with solving real-time embedded issues including threading, optimization, memory management, interrupt handling, etc.
Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl)
The Hiring Manager wants – 1) Low Level Embedded C Programming 2) RTOS