Full-Time Engineer II – (Software – Product Development)
Supports new product development activities in a Product Development and/or R&D environment by creating new software functionality and/or processes utilizing engineering principles.
- Develops more complex software programming for prototypes per customer requirements.
- Analyzes test data and makes recommendations to determine if software design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to development of systems or other uses.
- Utilizes statistical analysis to ensure process is capable.
- Generates new concepts/designs and generates proof of concept.
- Reviews content of technical reports to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Trains less experienced Engineers on department processes or systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent and 2-5 years’ experience in research and development, medical or related field writing applications in C/C++.
- Working knowledge of C, C++, C# programming languages for software development in both
- MS Windows and Linux environments. Specific knowledge/experience programming embedded C/C++, .NET, and working in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment preferred.
- Ability to create and present presentations and/or technical papers to management within and outside of Canon Virginia.
- Requires ability to debug and trace common code problems (including hardware troubleshooting/debugging using oscilloscope and logic analyzer).
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills.