This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
14 Nov 2021
Temporary Infrastructure Project Manager
- Meets the overall program goals and objectives by managing infrastructure/information security projects and sub-projects of differing sizes. These will include global, pan-region and country specific based projects (typically 5 or more project staff) covering user communities in multiple countries, all with strict timelines for completion.
- Ensures that realistic project, sub-project and quality plans are prepared and maintained. Tracks all activities against the plans, providing regular and accurate reports to senior MGTI management, project office and client management as appropriate
- Liaises with project sponsors, and other managers within the function and within the business; managing expectations for projects and facilitating public relations for the program
- Ensure that comprehensive project quality, and risk plans for projects of a complex nature are prepared and maintained. Monitors and controls team performance against plans
- Leads infrastructure projects, developing and maintaining manpower plans for the staff involved, resolving/escalating resource conflicts and monitoring the deployment of individuals to ensure that they are contributing effectively
- Ensures that significant problems are identified at the earliest opportunity and that solutions are identified and implemented in line with the change control process or escalated as appropriate
- Ensures that own projects, and those of team, are closed out and where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes
- Monitor changes to project budgets and is able to understand and communicate the effects on the overall program enabling cross project rationalization and at all time looking for economies of scale
- Understands the requirements of new assignments by ensuring that assumptions are challenged, technical proposals are tested and business requirements validated with a view to obtaining the best result for the company as a whole
- Ensures that IT resources are made available to undertake the agreed infrastructure projects and they are properly utilized and accounted for. Advises client or user management on the resources that they must provide
- Participates in the implementation of the MGTI infrastructure, including standards, methods, guidelines, techniques, tools and control structures
- Working with client or user management, monitors and reports on the progress of infrastructure projects within area of responsibility. Maintains an emphasis on the early identification and, where possible, rectification of problems and deviations from schedule, including changes in requirements, especially where these have resource implications
- Ensures that MGTI projects are implemented in a coherent and consistent manner, liaising as necessary with MGTI and client/user management to ensure that they are compatible with the organization’s existing systems, infrastructure and strategic plans
- Manages project interface into change control procedures gaining agreement for revisions to the project(s) from project sponsors. Actively represents the Technical Infrastructure project teams, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained with the business.