Full-Time Medical Device Software Engineer
Company is collaborating with world-class hospitals in the Boston area to turn cutting-edge medical research into usable, meaningful products. We are developing biomedical optical imaging and medical robotics technologies and seeking a Software Engineer to join our talented team in Cambridge, MA. With several version 1.0 projects heading for FDA submission, this is an exciting time to be part of our growth and success! This Medical Device Software Engineer (Engineer) position will contribute to the design, implementation and verification of software for one or more of the projects we are bringing to market. It is a hands-on role that may include all aspects of device software development: firmware and software, algorithm development and optimization, image processing, application and GUI development. If you have Software Engineering experience, preferably in the medical device field, and want to use your expertise to build new, innovative products, this could be the job for you!
- Software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical devices that consists of hardware control, data acquisition, signal/image processing, display, and post processing of medical images
- Work collaboratively with researchers and application development engineers in all software development phases
- Design and code medical-grade software that meet the defined software requirements and Design Inputs
- Create documentation adhering to quality procedures, regulations, standards and industry best practices under Design Control
- Contribute to product requirement development and risk management reviews
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams consisting of Research, Engineering, QA/RA, and Marketing
- Keep abreast of relevant and new technologies in the medical device field
- Report progress regularly to Senior Software Engineer
- Contribute to patent analysis and invention creations
- Education Required: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience Required: 3 years in a software engineering role. Direct experience of software architecture design and development is preferred
- Strong understanding of modern programming languages. Proficiency in C/C++ is required
- Must be a team player and possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in one more of the following:
Developing for MS Windows
Developing medical or other safety-critical products
Designing complex hardware control systems using UML or SysML (Rational or Enterprise Architect)
Knowledge and experience in DICOM and 2D medical image processing; experience using toolkits such as IPP, ITK, VTK or 3D Slicer
OpenGL, GPU/CUDA, OpenCV coding
Prototyping with MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW
Intellectual property development
Requirements analysis and risk management processes, e.g. hazard analysis and dFMEA
How to ApplyPlease be ready with the following....
1.) Please tell us about your role, responsibilities, and significant accomplishments as a Software Engineer.
2.) Please share you understanding of modern programming languages such as C / C++.
3.) Please describe in detail your direct experience of software architecture design.
4.) Are you within commuting distance of Cambridge, MA? If not, how open are you to relocating on your own expenses?
5.) What is your work authorization status?
6.) What are your compensation expectations?
7.) Have you ever applied to this position in the past?
8.) List the Medical Device companies that you have worked for.
9.) Describer your experience with Software analysis, planning, design, implementation, and verification of novel medical devices that consists of hardware control, data acquisition, signal/image processing, display, and post processing of medical images.
10.) Describe your experience with Designing and coding medical-grade software