Freelance Project Engineer
A leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety.
Globally, the Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy.
RESPONSIBILITIES: ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assists with the completion of engineering projects. Reviews project plans, proposals, and objectives.
- Assigns responsibilities and builds schedules based on project specifications.
- Designs and conducts tests to determine project progress.
- Determines and stays within budget.
- Works with outside vendors.
- Reports to management on progress. Recommends plan and schedule changes when necessary.
- Complies with state and federal regulations and ensures a clean and safe environment.
- The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Manufacturing experience (hands on); pharma/med device or other regulated industry preferred, but not required.
- Equipment troubleshooting, process improvement, project management, writing equipment procedures, developing equipment specs.
It shall be the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for safety and health of himself/herself and other persons.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 08-10 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
Light work – Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
Occasionally: Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull
Frequently: Stand, Sit
Occasionally: Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
Frequently: Sitting, Standing, Talking – ordinary, loud/quick, Walking
Frequently: Proximity to moving parts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Noise Intensity: Moderate
Occasionally: Warehouse environment, Lab environment
Frequently: Office environment, Production/manufacturing environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
08-10 years related experience.
Regular and predictable attendance.
The ability and willingness to travel occasionally business as well as the ability to work non-standard schedule as needed.
NICE TO HAVE: