Freelance Project Manager (SAS Implementation)
The Model Risk Management (MRM) Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that SAS implementation project is planned, managed and governed in a consistent, transparent and disciplined manner with a focus on high quality execution. The position requires an experienced professional with the right mix of relevant technical and business experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented enterprise risk management environment.
This position has extensive people, technical and methodology responsibilities.
- Manage the implementation of the SAS Model Risk Management module.
- Responsible for independently managing the life-cycle from initiation through closing to meet the project’s objectives and stakeholders’ expectations.
- Work closely with stakeholders to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for assigned projects.
- Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals and objectives as well as against stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Lead project team meetings ensuring that project obstacles, issues and risks are surfaced, documented and addressed.
- Be accountable for facilitating mitigation of project risks, resolve issues in a timely manner, and work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Produce and maintain project reports for stakeholders, including senior management and Board members, to provide transparency and to facilitate decision-making.
- Implement cutting edge project management methodologies, standards, and tools.
- Build a communications strategy and execution plan for the projects and understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Deep understanding of SAS software solutions
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required with Master’s preffered or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or related certification preferred
- Broad expertise in quantitative finance and/or and risk management models and methodologies. Deep understanding of the regulatory environment surrounding model risk management (SR11-7 and SEC Covered Clearing Agency Standards).
- Experience and expert knowledge on VaR modeling and VaR model back testing methodologies an advantage.