Full-Time Senior Business Analyst
Being a core member of the Data Management Center of Excellence, you will support the leadership team in establishing, maturing, and driving the implementation of industry-leading data management practices. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who can assist with projects, and quickly learn new concepts and frameworks. Success in this role demands the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities. Reporting directly to a Data Steward responsible for one or more Information Domains, you will provide critical support for the management of those Information Domains across the enterprise, including support of enterprise-wide Data Management initiatives. You will need to work efficiently within an agile framework as part of a cross functional team that includes Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Architects, Operations and Information Technology Subject Matter Experts, Data Architects, Data Modelers, Enterprise Test Engineers, Data Governance and Data Quality Leads, IT Business System Analysts, and other Data Steward Business Analysts. Your role is key in bridging the gap between IT and the business and requires the incumbent to access, profile and analyze data, help understand and document business requirements, and communicate clearly and concisely with a broad range of technical and business partners.
- Participating in preliminary data analysis for new projects to resolve whether required data exists within DTCC; helping to identify authoritative sources for existing data.
- Assisting the Data Steward team in partnering with business and operational stakeholders to assess logical data element names, propose clear and accurate data definitions, and help identify valid values for the data
- Support data domain management testing, data quality continuous monitoring, and sustainability reviews.
- Utilizing the enterprise metadata repository to input and handle required metadata for critical and prioritized data elements in support initiatives and enterprise-wide data efforts.
- Support the Enterprise Data Quality team by assisting in User Acceptance Testing for new functionality planned for upcoming releases.
- Help supporting data quality through data profiling, documenting data quality and data validation rules, researching data quality exceptions, and assessing issue validity, performing root cause analysis for identified data quality issues, and supporting data cleansing efforts to ensure that data is fit for its intended use
- Assisting the Data Steward with project planning and metrics, and effort estimation
- Help track and report on important metrics for identified use cases
- Assist in providing analytical and reporting capabilities to support decision making by the business partners.
- Assist in Drafting high quality presentation material to share with partners and leadership that provides the appropriate level of detail for the intended audience.
- Participating on agile project squads, including attending daily stand-up, grooming sessions and other agile ceremonies, assist with user stories creation, and help measure project metrics.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Knowledge of data management processes and standard methodologies preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Experience with data management tools, and business process tools preferred
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centres worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure, and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost, and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.