Full-Time Senior Internal Auditor
Client is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor (Sr Auditor, Internal) who is a CPA from a large accounting firm and who may also have an interest in data analytics and learning to join our Audit & Business Consultation team.
Our Senior Auditor must be meticulous and analytical, with deep knowledge of auditing practices, accounting standards, internal controls, business processes, and SOX. We expect this person to be reliable, with strong organizational skills, as well as expertise in risk management and compliance. We would like you to have an interest in data analytics and learning new things. Familiarity with IT auditing is a plus.
We’re looking for this person to join our collaborative cultured team of 13 (across the Americas) to be responsible for planning, executing, and wrapping up projects. The Senior Auditor will work with other department members and business partners to strengthen Canon’s control environment, develop and implement business solutions, perform continuous auditing/monitoring, or investigate unusual activity, and present accordingly. The candidate will be expected to understand business objectives and deliver clear and meaningful insights, thoughts, & action plans to management.
Adaptability, urgency, and creative thinking are critical as you will work on a variety of business challenges. You should feel comfortable presenting your findings to both smaller and larger audiences. Experience of working in a team environment and demonstrated teamwork capabilities are required.
- Timely plan and execute complex audit and consultative projects, with valued recommendations
- Audit & Consultative Projects include but are not limited to, SOX, external audit reliance, data analytics projects, management requested special projects, operational, & financial audits, etc.
- Perform effective risk and control assessments
- Present audit findings and find ways to increase understanding, compliance, and efficiency
- Effectively & efficiently document workpapers – in order to move on to more value added projects
- Open to travel 5-10%, typically 0-5% (post-pandemic)
- Proven experience as an auditor
- In-depth understanding of auditing and control practices, including SOX
- Updated knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software (Tableau, BI, or SQL a plus)
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Integrity and reliability
- BS/BA in Accounting; master’s degree a plus
- CPA required, and other professional certification a plus (i.e. CIA, CISA)
- Data Analytics Interested – experience a plus
- 5+ years experience – public accounting
- Excellent written/oral communication/organizational skills required
- Natural urgency, work ethic, and ‘what can I do to help attitude
- Likes to help others
The company will not pursue or support visa sponsorship for this position.