Full-Time Senior Program Manager
Company engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 10 years relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
An immediate opening for a Senior Program Manager – Mission Payloads. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of a vibrant, growing organization (Trusted Space Solutions).
Candidate will be responsible for managing the successful execution of challenging, technically complex payload and product programs within the Trusted Space Solutions Business Area. This includes managing the overall cost, schedule, and technical performance of current and future development and production programs. He/she serves as a primary contact for the customer on matters pertaining to the program. Programs to be supported are extremely strategic and have significant customer visibility and involvement.
- Ensuring that all contractual requirements are met within the funds provided in the contract in accordance with the highest standards of hardware integrity and ethical business conduct
- Ensuring that all Program Business Commitments are achieved and that forecasting accuracy is maintained at the highest level possible
- Planning, executing, and closing out programs in accordance with the applicable processes
- Proactively develop and maintain strong customer, as well as, supplier relationships
- Ensuring timely and accurate internal, as well as, external communication
- Effectively leading cross-functional teams of highly skilled engineering, manufacturing, and business personnel
- Critically evaluating situations, making decisions as required, and solving challenging technical, as well as, programmatic issues/problems
- Having strategic focus to grow the business within the programs and take advantage of business opportunities as they arise. Correlate business opportunities with the strategic goals and objectives of the company
- Assist in proposal development and the development of white papers
The ideal candidate will have recent experience with the following:
- Managing the design, assembly and test of high reliability products
- Providing leadership to diverse, cross-functional product teams
- Establishment of program baselines, development and maintenance of comprehensive Project Integrated Master Schedules, and the management and reporting of detail Project Inch stones
- Current PMP and GDMS EVMS Certification
- Proposal Development; both technical and cost volume experience
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong business acumen and ability to develop and execute business growth strategies
- Ability to track work accomplished to baseline plans and identify issues, track progress, and
- follow through on effective corrective actions based on data analysis and trends
- Ability to understand and analyze program financial data
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions on programs to internal and external representatives
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced of risk and opportunity management techniques and ability to apply them to programs
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Ability to lead others in team building, conflict resolution, motivation
- Ability to develop and execute proposal plans and strategies
- Ability to apply advanced negotiation skills to solve internal, external and customer issues
- Demonstrated understanding of business and supply chain strategy
- Demonstrated knowledge of government contracting practices and regulations regarding acquisition
- Outstanding relationship management and marketing skills
- Will interact frequently with internal personnel and outside representatives at various levels
- Working Knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Will be required to travel