Full-Time Software Engineer – UI and Usability
Note : This is an onsite role from Day 1. We don’t have any flexibility/option for remote work here.
About the Role:
The Software Engineer – UI & Usability role should have expertise in high performance, high risk integrated systems such as medical device automation, defense and robotics and measurement-based control for our team based in New York City. The ideal candidate will have work experience in being part of or being software lead in a team building a mechatronic device, taking such a device through an FDA process and integrating the device into clinical laboratory information systems.
The candidate must understand real time programming in the context of controlling a mechatronic device and have experience with interfacing medical devices with LIS like Cerner and Copath, and ideally have experience creating user interfaces using a web-stack as well as experience with secure web programming and interfaces. We are a rapidly growing business with opportunity for the right candidate to continue advancing their role and responsibilities as the company grows.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Architect and build the user interface to the device
- Implement modern web UI using latest technology and best practices
- Formal Documentation for an FDA process
- Unit and system testing of prototype designs
- Ability to deliver in a timely manner
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of modern web frontend experience
- Excellent understanding of web UI/UX and relevant technologies
- Has experience writing full, end to end frontend websites
- 3+ years experience with front end development such as Django and/or LAMP-stack or other
- Interfacing to Clinical Lab Information Systems
- Histology laboratory workflow experience
- Experience building vision systems for process and quality control
- Experience working on data security and HIPAA requirements
- A senior level professional.
- Someone who can design entire UI.
- Customer facing UI.
- Angular JS.
- React JS.