Full-Time Staff Platform Engineer
This position will be responsible for innovative software development topics around cloud architecture, platform development, and infrastructure-and-services-as-code for the Anitian platform with a focus on leveraging cloud technologies.
Combining your experience as a software design and delivery expert with knowledge around designing with security as a first-class citizen from the start, Staff Software Engineers will help lead project teams, will design, develop and maintain various consumer applications and small to medium scale distributed systems. You will be bringing your experience in building software systems to a team that is looking to grow themselves around traditional software development approaches applied to infrastructure and platform development. This is a rare opportunity for you to have a large impact through action and influence in a rapidly growing team.Your technical leadership will play a critical role in Anitian Engineering, allowing you to grow with and share in the company’s success.
Successful candidates will design and deliver core software features and services, coach team members and coordinate with other internal distributed design and development teams.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- System design and implementation through delivery of small to medium scale distributed systems
- Maintenance and management of existing systems
- Mentor junior team members
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of team members
- Manage projects and processes with limited oversight
- Responsible for managing complex projects involving delegation of work and review of work products
Education & Experience
- Experience with cloud architecture, ICP native services, and micro-services design patterns common to providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience designing scalable, reliable, and secure E2E services in cloud environments
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer using at least one object-oriented programming language (Java, C/C++, Python, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with data modeling and analysis
- High level of clarity in technical communication with peers and non-technical leaders or cohorts
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with SOLID principals, common software design patterns, and reusable software
- Deployment of applications onto systems with multiple versions and generations
- Experience and adoption of Agile methodologies
- Experience with Java, Springboot, Containerization/Orchestration on common Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) a plus
COVID-19 Notice: During the pandemic, Anitian is conducting all interviews online with video conference technology. New employees are being onboarded virtually and provided the tools they need to begin employment working remote from home.
This position is fully remote !
Cloud architecture, ICP native services, and micro-services design patterns common to providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
Experience as a software developer using at least one object-oriented programming language (Java, C/C++, Python, etc.)