Freelance Technical Author
The Architecture & Strategy team comprises of a small number of highly experienced senior individuals who operate collaboratively across the organization to develop and maintain Technology Onboarding process documentation, technology roadmaps, cloud governance and other frameworks and manage online content. The Technical Author will be responsible for ensuring that the processes developed and owned by the Technology Onboarding team are drafted correctly, communicated effectively and operate efficiently through continuous improvement, and that related processes, standards, frameworks, policies and other governance content can be developed, published and maintained and consumed easily by colleagues across MMC. The successful candidate will be organized, a self-starter who is delivery focused and able to build relationships across the organization quickly. They must be able to work globally, across time zones and able to communicate clearly with key stakeholders across business units and core functions.
- Design and maintain the relevant portals covering platforms, process and other documentation, and ensures authoring and regular maintenance of process documentation used by the Technology Onboarding requester, approver communities and key stakeholders. (nominally 40% of time)
- Draft the MMC cloud strategy and hosting governance framework, associated processes, and publish to relevant portal(nominally 30% of time)
- Lead in the creation of presentation and communication material for the Architecture and Strategy and wider ESE teams. Create and maintain standards for the branding, consistency and quality of communication from the teams.
- Look for new and innovative ways to share knowledge and collaborate across the enterprise (nominally 20% of time)
- Continuously work to improve Technology Onboarding and other processes, increasing their efficiency, articulate how decisions are reached through publication of guidelines, guardrails and process flow diagrams and achieve these outcomes more quickly(nominally 10% of time)
Knowledge and Skills
- An understanding of regulated environments, systems security and privacy.
- Experience with on-line publication/portal tools such as Confluence and Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Has excellent written English, is able to create visually pleasing presentations and has an eye for detail.
- Has experience of collaboration tools such as Zoom (video conferencing), MS Teams etc
- Has a technical background and is able to follow technical conversations, effectively summarize and contribute.
- A reputation for personal innovation and in creating environments where others can innovate.
- Able to operate comfortably at various levels in the organization and with key stakeholders.
- Able to work collaboratively with peers from all divisions across MMC, able to lead discussions and build consensus.